Clients of the Starcoin Blockchain create transactions and submit them to a full node. Then the full node decides the order of transactions according to certain rules. A full node contains the following logical components:
- Txpool is a buffer that holds the transactions that are “waiting” to be executed.
- When a new transaction is added to a node’s txpool, this node’s txpool shares this transaction with other nodes.
- The consensus component is responsible for ordering blocks of transactions and agreeing on the results of execution by participating in the consensus protocol with other nodes in the network.
- BlockChain maintains the internal state of the chain, providing context for other components to function properly.
- The executor component utilizes the virtual machine (VM) to execute transactions.
Virtual Machine (VM)
- Txpool use the VM component to perform validation checks on transactions.
- VM is used to run the program included in a transaction and determine the results.
- Calculate hash by certain rules.
- The storage component is used to persist agreed upon blocks of transactions and their execution results.